A Day in the Life
- Communal breakfast
- Major classes on topics ranging from Politics and Human Rights to Engineering meet in classrooms, labs, studios, or out in New York
- Students can choose to have lunch at any local restaurants or sandwich shops in town
- Minor classes meet in classrooms, workshops, labs, or studios
- Students can choose from a full range of optional extracurricular activities like group tours to Broadway and Coney Island
- Full group dinner
- Evening activities, events, or shows
Access to cultural sites and local events
Extracurricular activities, workshops, and event offerings
On-site staff of experienced professionals
Full Course List
Oxbridge in New York takes place at Barnard College, an independent liberal arts college established in 1889 and affiliated with Columbia University since 1900. Students choose a Major and a Workshop for the month while exploring New York—courses take full advantage of the museums, advertising firms, hedge funds, and shows that make the city so famous. In their free time, they can go to a Major League Baseball game, a Broadway show, Coney Island, or take part in a full program of college visits, including NYU, Yale, UPenn, and a college fair.
After the Program
Shortly after the program, all students and their parents receive a comprehensive set of grade reports, presenting their course syllabus and highlighting their specific contributions and achievements within their course(s). Most of our alumni later ask for additional copies to include in their college applications.